Monday, February 13, 2017

My Chinese New Year 2017 Review


Chinese New Year 2017 has ended, which is the time for me to bid a farewell to the Year of Monkey. Till we meet in the next 12 years. //waving.hands Now, in year 2017, it's the Year of Rooster.



Google's Doodle welcoming the Year of The Fire Rooster


Commonly, people will mark the 15+1 days as the "important days" in CNY, in where everyone will snap photos or taking videos of the atmosphere and add-in the caption of auspicious sayings like Gong Xi Fa Chai, Xin Nian Kuai Le, Wan Shi Ru Yi, or Nian Nian You Yu. But what they intentionally set in mindset when it comes to Lunar New Year is: HONG BAO NA LAI. 
I'm not kidding, but even me, myself matters the red packets. 
[The bigger ofc the better lahh~] #sound.out.your.inner.desire

Gong Xi Fa Chai (恭喜发财) : May you have a prosperous New Year, not Kongsi Fatchoi~
Xin Nian Kuai Le (新年快乐) : Happy New Year.
Wan Shi Ru Yi (万事如意) : May all your hopes be fulfilled.
Nian Nian You Yu (年年有馀) : May you have abundance year after year, not every year got fish (鱼)

Curious to know what is 15+1 CNY Important Days?
Check out my next entry: My 15+1 CNY "Important Days"

No comments:

Post a Comment